Shelly Dreyer has dedicated her career to protecting the rights of victims who have been injured. She has zealously advocated for clients across the country by standing up against insurance companies and powerful giant corporations. Shelly is an accomplished trial attorney who focuses her practice on personal injury, trucking accidents, automobile and motorcycle accidents, workers’ compensation, worksite injuries, medical malpractice, nursing home neglect and defective product litigation.
Shelly was born and raised in Southwest Missouri. Shelly graduated from Missouri State University, earning a Bachelor of Science Degree in Socio-political communications. She earned her Juris Doctorate Degree in 1997 from the University of Missouri and was admitted to the Missouri Bar in 1997 and the Illinois Bar in 1998. She has also served as a judge for the City of Dardenne Prairie, Missouri and set up their court system.
Shelly has been recognized with numerous awards, including being named a Top Attorney in Missouri by Kansas City Magazine and was noted as a Top 100 Trial Lawyer by the National Trial Lawyers Association. She was also named a Top Litigation Practitioner at the Missouri Lawyers Weekly 2015 Women’s Justice Awards. Shelly has also received recognition for her pro bono work including the 2012 Volunteer Service Award from the Missouri Association of Trial Attorneys’ Emergency Response Team for her volunteer work following the Joplin tornado.
Shelly is active in several legal organizations, including the Missouri Bar for which she serves as Vice-President. She also serves on the Board of Governors for the Missouri Bar and for the Missouri Association of Trial Attorneys. She is a member of the Boone County Bar Association and the Jasper County Bar Association. She has received more than $50,000,000 in verdicts during her twenty-five year legal career.
- University of Missouri J.D.
- Missouri State University, Bachelor of Science in Political Science and Communications
- Missouri Bar
- Illinois Bar
- Jasper County Bar Association
- Missouri Association of Trial Attorneys
- Women’s Justice Award-Litigation Practitioner
- Litigator of the Year, 2020- American Institute of Trial Lawyers
- Lawyer of the Year, 2022-American Institute of Legal Professionals
- Top 100 Trial Lawyers- The National Trial Lawyer
- Top Attorneys in Missouri and Kansas
- Super Lawyer, 2018-2023
- Lawyers Weekly Up and Coming Lawyer-2006
- Best Lawyers 2022- Women in the Law
- Multi-million Dollar Advocates Forum
- Million Dollar Advocates Forum
- 10 Best Lawyers- Client Satisfaction
- Local Awards:
- Missouri Association of Trial Attorneys Volunteer Service Award (for volunteer work after the Joplin Tornado)
- 15 Most Influential Women- Joplin Tri-State Business Journal
- Women to Watch- Show-Me Magazine